A cable is an integration of many wires placed together or intertwined to form a single assembly. This technology has grown with several advancements and innovation. The installation process becomes difficult due to bulk cables. Certain type of cable installation can be best carried out by a professional. They use appropriate cable equipment for their work.
There are several companies manufacturing specialised cable equipment for various purpose such as underground, overhead and trailing cables. Below is a list of equipment used in cable handling job.
1. for cables mounted on poles
- Elevated work platform-They are mechanically or electrically controlled equipment used for working at a height. They help to elevate material and workers.
- Cable drum trailers– They are used to manipulate and transport cables as well as wiring to remote area. It is operated by a single person.
- Winches– They are used for recovery and installation of overhead conductors.
- Crane borers– They are used to place and lift telegraph poles.
- Pole extractors– They are used for removing all kinds of telegraph poles.
2. Equipment for underground installation of cables that have high voltage
For installing underground cable equipment like drum stands, conduit trailers, cable drum trailers are used to complete the work. These machines have specialised features to fasten and ease the process.
3. Equipment for installing of fibre optic cables
For installing fibre optic cables, equipment like self-loading cable drum trailers, cable blowers and cable winches are used by the installation company.